Friday, February 11, 2011

New Day, New Look, New Name??

So, next week's menu is planned thanks to recipes and other blogs shared in response to my first post and let me tell you, I am liking this...A LOT! When I set up the blog yesterday, I didn't pay much attention to design, so I changed it a little bit today. The background is a little more suited to the topic and I added a search feature so that WHEN we have hundreds of recipes posted, we can search based on ingredients, etc. I also noticed that there is already a blog called "The Dinner Dilemma," so I am trying to come up with something a little more creative for this one...any ideas?

While you think on that, here's a recipe.

Lasagna (recipe from Jimmy's grandmother)

1 pound ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
12 oz. tomato paste
24 oz. water
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
I Tbsp parsley flakes
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp sugar
12 lasagna noodles
16 oz cottage cheese
2 eggs
cheese for topping (parmesan and mozzarella)

In a large skillet, brown ground beef. Drain. Add onions. Cook until onions are done. Add tomato paste, water and seasonings. Simmer at least one hour. (The longer the better!) Cook noodles until done. Beat eggs and add to cottage cheese. Layer ingredients beginning with sauce, then a layer of noodles, then cottage cheese mixture. End with sauce on top. Top with cheeses. Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour or until bubbly and cheese is melted.

1 comment:

  1. I'm at a total loss right now on a new name, but here's another one of our "go to" recipes...which really isn't a recipe, but more of an inventive way of cooking chicken...which is pretty much a staple food at our house.

    Faux Fried Chicken

    3-4 chicken breasts (you could for sure do any cut, we just prefer white meat)
    1 bag/box croutons (any flavor you choose)

    Crush croutons on the food processor or in a ziplock bag with a hammer...the finer, the better. Rinse chicken, then coat in croutons. Broil in oven until center is no longer pink, and juices run clear, turning chicken halfway through cooking time.

    I tend to use fat-free herb garlic croutons, but the possibilities are endless. It works great on fish, too.

    ReplyDelete